2006 MFT International Meet Agenda
We're still finalizing the agenda for the International Meet in Toronto taking place during June 25 - July 1. Exact times and online maps will be provided as things settle down. Please keep a close watch on this space to watch our developments.
For the "group free for all" days, we'll provide the membership with information on where to go in the area if you want to experience and photograph the best Southern Ontario has to offer.
The agenda is nearly close to final now.
Sunday, June 25
Monday, June 26
Tuesday, June 27
- 6:30am-9:00am St. Lawrence Market - This massive 19th century brick building is home to the city's largest market. There are many photo opportunities here! Walk to the Distillery District from here.
- 10am-12pm Pikto - See the MFT Exhibition and meet with Olympus representative Norman Dutcher & receive loaner equipment
- 12pm-3pm Historic Distillery District - Once home to Gooderham & Worts, it is now a favourite movie location.
- 7pm-10pm Night Photography - Capture the city lights of downtown Toronto from the Toronto Islands.
Wednesday, June 28
Thursday, June 29
- 8:15am-6:30pm Winery Tour & Niagara Falls - Tour and photograph wine country, Niagara-on-the-Lake and finally Niagara Falls! Approximately $99 CAD. Meet at the InterContinental Toronto Centre Hotel for bus that leaves at 8:30am.
Friday, June 30
- Group free for all - so out of towners can see what they want to see - try the following ideas...
- Queen Street Graffiti
- BCE Place - Fantastic architecture, pattern shots and more!
- CN Tower - Have dinner in the revolving restaurant and shoot some photos from the observation deck.
Saturday, July 1
- 9:30am-3pm Toronto Zoo - Meet with Olympus technical representative Norm on a guided tour of the Toronto Zoo.
- 6pm-9pm Celebration Gala at Pikto
- 9pm-12pm Goodbye evening at Archeo restaurant in the Distillery District
- Goodbye lunch (moved to the previous evening)
Share this Article