Welcome to MyFourThirds.com! This is a photographic community where owners of Four Thirds camera equipment can share their very best photos for review by other members (not to be confused with an online image storage facility). Users can rate and comment other member's images, write articles and participate in photo competitions. Our rules are as follows:
*** Within the rules of Canadian law.
- Images must be taken with equipment based on the Four Thirds standard (currently the Olympus E-1, E-3, E-30, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-620; Panasonic G1, GH1, L1, L10; Leica Digilux 3 meet this criteria). It would be an added benefit to maintain the EXIF data within the image. This will benefit everyone as the settings for the shot are easily seen.
- Composite images submitted must be in the 'spirit' of the Four Thirds standard. That is to say that if a composite image is submitted, Four Thirds content should be the primary focal point in the overall scene (i.e. the main subject and/or the foreground must come from a Four Thirds camera; the background such as a sky may be rendered or contributed from other sources)
- Users can submit 1 document per 24 hour time period to give everyone their fair share of time on the front page and to enable others to have sufficient time to review and critique images.
- Images may not be greater than 300kb in size
- Images may not exceed 1200 pixels (height and width). Upgraded to allow for better panoramic uploads.
- Highest Rated Recent Image is based upon the highest rated image most recently posted within the past 5 days irrespective of the number of ratings submitted.
- Highest Weighted Rated Image uses the following Bayesian Average calculation: (V/(V+M)) * R + (M/(V+M)) * C where R=Average Rating (arithmetic mean) so far, V=Number of ratings given, M=Minimum number of ratings needed and C=Arithmetic mean rating across the whole site.
- Hall of Fame (HoF) images are based upon the total number of nominations (a rating of 10) given to an image posted more than 60 days ago.
- Members of our Hall of Fame will be recognized throughout the site with an HoF tag
- Winners of our monthly competitions will be recognized throughout the site with a Win tag
- Site administrators are marked with a ∞ tag
- Member activity indicator - Top 5% Most Active Members have a ♥ tag
- Member activity indicator - Top 10% Most Active Members have a ♥ tag
- Conscientious Contributor indicator - Members with more than one comment per document submitted have a ¤ tag
- Distinguished Contributor indicator - Members with more than three comments per document submitted have a ¤ tag
- Valiant Contributor indicator - Members with more than five comments per document submitted have a ¤ tag
- Donor indicators - MyFourThirds.com donors have a $ $ $ tag
- A guide for critiquing photographic images (click here)
- Hall of Fame photos are not eligible for entry into competition folders
- Competition photos are not eligible for the Hall of Fame
- NEW! Constructive Criticism/Commenting of Images: this is encouraged, particularly when requested by the posting photographer (not for the faint of heart but that's what we're here for after all - learning) - see Featured Comment of the Week
- NEW! Commenting on One's Own Image: encouraged, particularly to answer questions or add clarity to the discussion, but "thank you" responses should be bundled into a single comment when possible
- NEW! Complaints: make them directly to Alan and Mario at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with it behind the scenes - open criticism of behaviour in this forum is toxic and thus must be censored (as much as we hate censorship)
- Image content? Anything goes! Have fun! ***
Alan and Mario ♥ ∞
Share New Article